It’s really coming!
A unique live on-line, four-part workshop designed to get you mentally tougher. The series of workshops will be hosted through GoToMeeting and each session will be recorded. Can’t make a session? No worries, it’ll be there for you to get all the content, homework assignments and guidance. This is the perfect time to learn how to integrate mental training into your physical training.
Register ASAP. Registration is limited to assure a valuable interactive experience. Similar programs cost $500-$1000. Certified mental game coaches typically charge $100-$150/hour for 1:1 sessions. For this complete course, the registration is only about the cost of a pair of shoes – $139.
Each session will cover specific topics and include handouts, specific homework assignments to get the most out of the experience, and feedback.
6/11 – Session 1 – Getting the Mental Toughness Mindset
Mental toughness is not a technique or trick. It is a constellation of things. This session identifies and clarifies those things you will need to master. The M4PAASS (Mindset for Performance Mental Game Athlete Assessment) will begin your journey.
· Key elements to master (control, time, focus, practice)
· Mental game myths and truths
· Finding the elusive “zone of optimal performance”
· The foundation of goals and objectives (process goals)
6/25 – Session 2 – Focusing, Refocusing, Distractions
No one can remain focused on a single thing indefinitely. The magic is in knowing what to focus on and when to focus. Focusing on the right things at the wrong times is as bad as focusing on the wrong things.
· Identify task relevant cues and how to use them
· Identify task irrelevant cues and what to do about them
· Learn specific techniques and practice challenges to improve focus
· Learn and use your preferred learning channels
7/9 – Session 3 – Dealing with Confidence, Doubts, Fears and Worries
Confidence is a mental construct that is based in our own interpretations. Managing how we develop and maintain confidence – fight doubts and worries; is critical to emotional control and peak performances.
· Identify what builds and destroys your confidence
· Learn how to use those elements to enhance confidence and fight doubts and worries
· Learn stimulus for worries and strategies to avoid the worry cycle
· Learn how to manage emotions that result from doubts and worries
7/23 – Session 4 – Breaking Your Comfort Zone
Most athletes don’t even realize that they are performing within a zone that is limiting them. Until you know how you are limiting yourself then you won’t be able to experience your greatest success.
· Learn what your comfort zone is and what it is doing to your performance
· Learn the connections and impact of mindsets and fatigue and discomfort
· Learn and develop methods and workouts to expand limits
· Learn to deal with challenges, risk taking and fear of failure
Just for fun, if you are still wondering if it is “worth” $139 – check this out.
Your mental game coach – Dean Hebert M.Ed. MGCP